Tuesday, March 13, 2007

This Bugs Me....#4

Now, I know this is going to hit some of you square on the nose...but, I have to call it as I see it. After all, this is MY blog and I think one of the blogging rules in the blogging handbook says,"To thine own self be true." I'm pretty sure that is where I heard that. So here goes:
I abhor CALL WAITING! (I heard that collective gasp). I think it is rude to put me on hold to check and see if there is someone calling who you would rather talk to than me. I mean, who among us is so important that we absolutely CANNOT miss a call? And, isn't that what caller I.D. is for? It just annoys me to think that my call is not as important as someone elses. Now...this does not apply to calls at a place of business. When I call my BFF at her work...I know she will have to answer other calls and put me on hold. Expected. But, if I call her at home...I don't expect the same treatment. Now, if you are expecting a very important call such as your son calling to let you know he got back to school safely, you should tell the caller at the start of the call, so she will know to expect that...and not think you the rudest person on the planet. Some of the nicest people I know use this service, and I love them still...but you will never hear me say..."Hang on a second, someone is beeping in...". Remember that this is my opinion and it's worth exactly what you paid for it. I feel better since I vented. Thank you very much.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

THANK YOU, THANK YOU, THANK YOU. At last someone agrees with me! I refuse to have call waiting and I hate, absolutely hate, it when I'm put on hold on a personal call. I've had my daughter say she has to check to see who's calling and leave me hanging for minutes on end. If she needed to take the other call, click back and let me know and I'd be glad to hang up. Ma Bell should be horsewhipped for inventing call waiting!

Tracey said...

My mom, who I call long distance in Georgia, will put me on HOLD when another call comes in and sometimes beeps back and says she has to call me back (and the other call is LOCAL, but she goes on and takes it)! ARRRGGHHH!!! Drives me nuts...but I do have to admit, I have call waiting and I DO use it!

Princess "S" said...

I love this comment today.

Dianne said...

I agree...I don't like it either. I had it for a while, but never clicked over because I decided for myself that it was rude to leave the initial caller waiting. Great post!