Monday, October 22, 2007

PRAYER TIME

The following article appeared in the weekly newsletter from our church:

PRAYER FOR ALEX

Over 13 years ago Alex Owens, now 25, was diagnosed with a rare and little known disorder. Over those same years, he has been to numerous doctors about the intense pain he lives with daily. No method of treatment tried nor the most powerful medicines on the market have reduced his pain. At this time all known forms of treatment have been exhausted. As you can imagine, extreme pain 24 hours a day and seven days a week takes its toll on Alex and his family.

If you would like to be a part of those who stand in the gap and pray for Alex and the move of the Holy Spirit in his circumstances, there will be a time of prayer set aside for him in the sanctuary each Tuesday from 5-6 PM. This prayer time will begin on Tuesday, October 23.
__________________________________________________________________________________

I wanted to share this with you, my friends, because I believe so fervently in the power of prayer. This prayer time comes at the request of a dear family friend and our new pastor. We believe God can work a miracle, if He so chooses. We also believe that God is working in our lives at all times and that He will continue to sustain us. I humbly ask for your prayers also. And I thank you with all my heart.
__________________________________________________________________________________

The website for our church is undergoing some changes right now and is in the process of being updated. Visit us there at www.sbcdothan.org.

8 comments:

Anonymous said...

What a wonderful thing for your church to be doing for Alex. I'll add my prayers to those of others.

Jean said...

That is just awesome that they care so much for Alex. So would that be from 6 - 7 our time? I want to keep aware of him over the same time.

melissa said...

Oh Tonja - I wish I lived closer and I would most certainly be at your church with the others in prayer for Alex.
Please know that I am marking Tuesdays, 5-6 on my calendar though and will be praying for Alex from afar. God Bless!
Melissa

Justabeachkat said...

Tonja...I'm putting it on my calendar too and will be joining in the prayer time. I think this is a wonderful idea.

Hugs!
Kat

Dianne said...

That's a great thing they're doing for him Tonja...and thanks for sharing it with us too. I'll be adding my prayers right along with everyone here.

Angela Baylis said...

I'll put in my calendar too! I will be praying for Alex!!
Thank you for the privilege to join you in prayer! I believe it is powerful, too!

Love,
Angie xoxo

nancygrayce said...

I'll be praying from P.C. how wonderful of the church to do this. Prayer really does change things.

Jill said...

Tonja- I will most certainly be praying for Alex, and for your family.