Sunday, March 25, 2007

ME AND MOM


CIMG0457
Originally uploaded by Tonja Owens.
I am so blessed to have my mom. We have always lived in the same city except when I was away at college. She is tiny...in body only...her spirit is tremendous. She always looks for ways to help others. I could write on and on about how she blesses me every day. But, I want to tell you of a particularly kind thing she did for Alex yesterday. My mother in law, Elizabeth, died 2 years ago, and we all miss her greatly. She was a wonderful cook. Just good ole country cooking. She had a particular cake that she would make for my boys on their birthdays...a black forest cake. It was divine. And it never lasted long around the house. Well, my mom, Eloise, got Elizabeth's recipe and made Alex one of Grandma's cakes. Now, my mom is a terrific cook also and has her own specialties as well. I just think it was so kind of her to make Grandma's cake for Alex because she knows how much he loves it. It would have been so much easier to make her own that she was familiar with. But, that's just the way she is. Thanks, Mom!

5 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Aren't we lucky to still have our Moms? May we never take it for granted.

What a cute picture of you two!

Anonymous said...

She's a very special lady. And what a cute picture!

My mom's been gone 6 years now and I miss her daily.

Tracey said...

What a sweet mama you have! That was so nice of her to bake that cake.

Unknown said...

And I'm loving every bite of it.. =)

Barb said...

I can see that she's tiny but my word, how cute she is! What a wonderful thing she did, baking that special cake. She's obviously a blessing to you all.

Thank you for stopping by today, Tonya, and yes, I was thinking black strappy sandals, preferably low, comfortable heels, to go with that black outfit.

I feel good about deciding to order it. It's a great deal at 40% off and it's nice to know I might actually wear it again someday!

Thank you again and I hope you'll visit again soon. You have a lovely blog here and it's very nice to meet you.