Saturday, March 3, 2007

This Bugs Me...#3

This is beginning to be fun. I have wanted to vent all these annoyances to someone...and you're it!
I can not stand to see those little shoulder "knobbies"(my word). You know, where the fabric stands up on your shoulder where the hangers have been. I can not believe the number of people I see with them. Do they ever look in the mirror? Don't they know...having worn clothes for years...that this will happen,especially if you use wire hangers? People who have spent big money on the latest fashions will show up all decked out ...complete with their little "wings". I have seen prominent people, at important functions, standing up to speak...shoulder knobbies standing at attention. I can't hear what they're saying for what they're wearing! If they don't pay attention to small details like that...maybe I don't need to hear what they are saying.
Now, dear readers, if you are guilty of this...I will come to your rescue. There are several easy things you can do to save yourself from this fashion DON'T.
1. Lay the open shoulder seam on the ironing board and steam it flat.
2. Invest in a small hand held steamer and aim it right at the problem area.
3. Use padded hangers...with curved edges.
4. After you put on your clothing...spray offending area with a misting bottle,
then smooth it out to dry...or you can blast it with your hairdryer, on low.
5. Try one of those wrinkle releaser products in a spray can.(I heard about this
from a friend...haven't tried it yet.)
So there you go. Easy solutions to a major fashion mistake. Please avail yourself to one of these remedies. The rest of us will be so grateful.
Thank you very much.

5 comments:

Tracey said...

Thank you so much for stopping by my blog. I appreciate your kind words and thoughts and prayers. They are letting our high school kids out at noon to attend Katie's funeral on Monday.

I will check in on you often, as I hope you will me!

Thanks!
Tracey
By the way...I, too, HATE those knobbie things in the shoulders from the hangars! Some days I look like I have a growth on my shoulders!

Monkey Giggles said...

Swinging in for the Ultimate blog party. Nice to meet ya.

PARTY ON!!!

My first party favor giveaway has begun. Come over when ya get a chance.

gail@more than a song said...

Can't stand those little shoulder things either....great tips to try for getting rid of them!

Anonymous said...

I love your "this bugs me" posts. It amazes me - don't people look in the mirror when they get dressed? What about those stray hairs on their shoulders? Or the little pieces of lint?

Stacy at Exceedingly Mundane said...

Love this entry! We use big plastic hangers (from Walmart!) for most of our clothes, and all of my husband's shirts get these - we call them "horns". When he gets a shirt out to wear, I whip out the ironing board to iron out the "horns" for him before he leaves the house. LOL!