Saturday, March 24, 2007

THANKS,GOD

God has revealed Himself to our family this week and provided strength and comfort. We had a situation that we all had been praying about for sometime, and since we are so wise and full of knowledge above all, we had it figured out. We just felt sure God was going to come along for the ride...being that we had saved Him all the trouble of leading us. When we got our "news"...it was so not what we wanted to hear. And we were all dismayed. Why? We had prayed ABOUT it...and told Him exactly what we wanted, and when. But, God, who really IS wise and full of knowledge above all, said "not yet...you have some work to do first." And looking at it now from the other side...He is right. There is work to be done first, and this way makes so much more sense. Imagine that!?! God knows what's best for us! His ways and timing are perfect!
How much anguish we could save ourselves if we just remembered that from the start. Oh will we ever learn? This is an opportunity for growth in many ways and a chance to see God work things out ...like He knows is best.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

It's taken me a long time to learn that lesson. A very dear friend of mine told me, when I was talking to him about the problems we've had with our older daughter, to give it to God and let Him handle it. I've done that - and even though things now aren't what I would have liked, it's not my choice or my place to decide how things will turn out. God has a plan for her and will show us in His time.

Tracey said...

I think it's something we learn on a daily basis...letting God have complete control of our lives. I posted on this a few months back and was struggling with the same thing, yielding control over to the Lord. Hard thing to do when we think we've got things figured out, but HIS way is always the best.

Rhoda @ Southern Hospitality said...

Oh, and I'm still learning this one, every day. It's so easy to say the words, that we have faith, but sometimes harder to put it into practice. He does know best & we all need to remember that.

Rhoda
Southern Hospitality

Justabeachkat said...

I love this post! It's a lesson I'm trying hard to learn. I try to put things in God's hand and let him take the wheel, but I suddenly find myself grabbing it again and wondering why I've done it (yet again).

This was a beautiful post.