Thursday, December 24, 2009

THE REASON FOR THE SEASON

This, friends, is the basis of all I hold dear. Because God sent His son into the world, we are able to enjoy all the good things in life. Without Him, this would be such a different world. Any goodness or kindness or joy that you find is a gift to you from God, himself. "EVERY GOOD AND PERFECT GIFT COMES FROM ABOVE..." James 1: 17. With the most wonderful gift of all being the gift of His son, Jesus.

I pray that your days of celebration are filled with all the good this life is full of. I pray your home is filled with warmth, and family, and friends. May you enjoy the bounty that He has richly blessed us with. May your table be filled with good things to eat. "O, TASTE AND SEE THAT THE LORD IS GOOD" Psalm 34: 8. I pray that you experience smiles and hugs and happiness. And, remember to return the same to others you come in contact with.

God Bless You and Yours!

Tonja

6 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

Amen!

RachelD said...

And Blessings a Hundredfold to you and yours on this most Blessed of Nights.

I count our meeting and your friendship as a precious gift.

rachel

Southern Lady said...

Thinking of you and your sweet family as you celebrate today ... may your day be filled with happy memories of Christmases Past and new memories in the making.

Jean said...

Same to you, Tonja. God has been so good to me this year, even though there were many times I couldn't see it.

I'm so glad to have you for a friend.

Angela Baylis said...

I hope you had a very nice Christmas, friend! I also hope to get back into blog land in 2010 so I can keep up with your life better!
Much love,
Angie xoxo

Jill said...

God Bless you, too. You are truly a blessing to me.