Wednesday, December 9, 2009

CHRISTMAS DECOR ...2009...Part 1

I finally have some pictures to show you of my Christmas Decor. First is the front foyer...here I used a woodland theme to tie in with the furnishings already there. I have several pines that I have collected over the years. Also here is the surprise gift of the Holy Family I received last week...


Next is the dining room...this is what I have on my dining room table...


Aren't these the most wonderful trees? I think they are so unusual. And, they were found in my Pop's attic while we were getting his decorations down. Why these were there is a mystery to me. These are not something my Mother would have liked...or bought. Joy nor I can either one remember her ever using them. So, I have no idea how old they are. There is a wreath that my friend, Tina, gave me several years ago. I know you can't tell from the pictures, but the foliage on the wreath is exactly the same as on parts of the tree! Neat, huh?

This is a 'GATHERING' of greenery and candlesticks I have assembled on the mantle...



And, here is the scene on the buffet. My collection of feather trees and funky angels!


In the corner is this sad little tree. I have a collection of tiny kitchen utensils, candy canes and gingerbread cookies!



And, finally, here is a little wire tree filled with tiny mercury glass ornaments...some very old!



That's all I have time to do today...more to come!

6 comments:

andi said...

LOVE them all!!! Can't wait to see IRL next week! Hugs! I smile when I see my wreath I am borrowing from T-jator!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love the pictures. You have a very nice collection of different trees and I love them.

Gram said...

I love the trees from your Father's attic!

Kellie said...

BEAUTIFUL!!! And those trees on your dining room table - PRICELESS - they are AWESOME - in the first picture before you even said where they came from , I knew I wanted to ask b/c I want them for my home!!! Oh well!!! What a find!

Paula V said...

I love all your skinny trees. Especially the one with the kitchen ornaments...how cool...and the sign of "taste and see how the Lord is good". Like the skinny trees behind the funky angels as you call them. Too cool.

Love Being A Nonny said...

I want, I mean REALLY want, those pine trees in that first picture. Where would I find those?