Sunday, December 20, 2009

REALLY RANDOM

Today's post is really random...just a few things I wanted to document. Inside and out, things that speak to me...

Many years ago, I purchased this quilted wall hanging. I love the primitive nature this has...


One of the many birds on my tree in the rear foyer. This whimsical bird has leaves for his tail...


When my boys were younger, high school age, one of them gave me this little ornament. Quite humorous when you consider I lived in a household with 4 of them! Were they trying to tell me something?...


Close up of a fallen croton leaf in my yard. Perfect Christmas colors, don't you think?...


Love, love , love the colors of the few leaves left on my Japanese Maple trees...


A glittery snowman sits amidst some live evergreen branches on the table on the screened porch! He twinkles at night in the moonlight...


Late this afternoon, I got the nicest surprise. A friend from school, who knows well my affinity for the chocolate, called me and said she had left a surprise by my front door. I went to look, and there was a package...for me! I LOVE surprises! When I opened it, this is what I saw!
Isn't it great? In case you can not read it...it says, "There's nothing better than a good friend, except a good friend with chocolate!" This is a big cup...perfect for a nice cup of hot chocolate...with marshmallows! Thanks, DT, you made my day! And the friendship I feel for you is as true as my love of the chocolate!

Just one more to share. I love candles! And, I'll admit I buy too many of them. I really like for my house to smell festive. I have spent much money on many differing brands that promise long lasting scents that will fill your house with the smell of whatever. But, they don't. Maybe if you stand right over them...but not from another room. Here then is the candle I have found that will do just that. I can light it in the kitchen...I can smell it in the bedroom, in the bathrooms, all over the house...REALLY! And, it is available at W*l-M*rt! Yes, that is the place for these wonderful candles. This is the scent I chose for the Christmas Season...Cranberry Mandarin. It is light, but certainly there! They have several other scents as well. Their Mulled Spice is delightful, too! The candles come in all sizes from tea lights to the big round ones. Just thought you'd like to know.

6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Have you tried the Yankee Candles? I think they do a great job, but I will try these too because I imagine the price is a lot better!!!

Love Being A Nonny said...

Oh, and I love the ornament your boys gave you...perfect!!!

Keetha Broyles said...

I just LOVE these little eclectic bits!!!

Debby@Just Breathe said...

I love each item that you shared.
My all time favorite candle is Mandarin Cranberry from Yankee Candle, I bet it's the same. LOVE IT!

Gram said...

I love all your random pictures. I will have to try the cranberry manderin - I love this brand of candle and find that even when they aren't lit the scent is still there.

Jewel said...

Wow, "Good will toward men." Funny! Apparently they feel they are deserving of some extra special treatment [and I'm sure they are.]

Those Japanese Maple leaves are beautiful!! Our leaves in central Indiana have been gone for a long time! Sad. :(

Merry Christmas!!