Tuesday, June 26, 2007

Enjoying Art Gallery in Paia


Enjoying Maui art Gallery
Originally uploaded by Tonja Owens
Continuing along our road for the day, we came upon the town of Paia (Pie-e-ah).This is where all the hippies used to hang out...and stayed. So funny to see these 70 and 80 year old hippies, but they still call this home. Town is just a couple of streets, but some very high end shops mixed in...several art galleries, too. Willie Nelson has a bar and grill here and that's where we had lunch one day. This shop was full of beautiful assorted work by many artisans. I bought a lovely purse here.

3 comments:

Jean said...

The art looks awesome. And the town sounds so interesting. I just saw one of those 70-ish hippies sitting in Lancaster the other day as I drove through! Looong white hair and beard flowing!

Tracey said...

That picture just to the right of you would look great in my kitchen! I love it!

What a neat store! I enlarged the picture and looked at all the stuff.

Justabeachkat said...

Looks like my kind of shop. Show us the purse you bought. Hope it matches some of your flip flops :-)
Good photo of you three.