Wednesday, May 16, 2007

GIRLFRIEND TO GIRLFRIEND

Now there are some things that only another girl can understand. So, let's talk, shall we? The good Lord made me a little off-kilter, a little wonky, a little unbalanced...no, not THAT way. :)
I have one shoulder that is lower than the other..so that makes everything a little off...one hip is lower,etc. Now, the hip only bothers me walking...the shoulder is much more trouble. My bra strap on the low side will not stay up. I cannot make it tighter...'cause that will throw the lovely boob line off. I struggled, and complained, and fussed about this for years. But, I have now found the product of my dreams, the answer to my problem. There is a product called Hollywood Fashion Tape...and it is a wonder! I found it at Stein Mart, where the lotions and soaps are. They are little 3 1/2 in. strips of double sided tape. You stick one side to the underside of the strap and the other side to your skin. And, lo! and behold!...the strap does NOT move. Really!. They will not move until you take them off. They do not irritate your skin, or harm fabric. You buy them in a box of 36, for about $6.00. You can also get them online at www.hollywoodfashiontape.com. They are also useful for tops that are cut in a little and bra straps show, like a tank top, or if you have a wrap top that will not stay wrapped. Now, I'm telling you, girlfriends...this is a great product, and it has made me a much happier woman. Try them out. If I am the only person who has this problem..."never mind."

5 comments:

Jean said...

This is great - learning about all this helpful stuff from you gals. I'm off kilter too, so my stuff slides as well. I don't have a Steinmart though. Do you have a brand name for that tape?

Tonja said...

Jean,
Go to www.hollywoodfashiontape.com.
You can order it online.

Anonymous said...

I don't have any problem like that, but it's good to know about this tape stuff. Ya never know when you might need it.

I've got one leg longer than the other. It's only a problem when I'm standing flat on both feet, trying to see if a picture is straight on the wall. All my pictures tilt to one side!

Justabeachkat said...

Wow...I work two days a month at Stein Mart and I've never seen these, but you can bet I'll look for them.

I have tops that go in a little at the shoulder and I'm forever trying to keep my bra strap from showing. Thank you, thank you for the great tip!

Deedra said...

What a fabulous tip! Thank you for sharing it!