Thursday, May 10, 2007

CRITTERS AT MY HOUSE



Enough , already, of all these scary creatures. You know all this talk of snakes and mice and others unpleasant critters. This is the sweet thing that has made its home with me. I kept seeing these 2 dove around my deck and they would fly off the minute I opened the back door. So, I kept watch and sure enough, they were making a nest....in a hanging basket that I had not replanted this year. In a day or two...there it was...a perfect little egg. I am so honored this sweet little dove family chose to nest by my back door. Sweet Thing and Chubby Hubby. Now, what has been so sweet to watch is how when Sweet Thing flies away, Chubby Hubby comes and takes over the egg duty. Then, when she comes back, he will take his place back in the tree that shades my deck....keeping watch over his little family. How amazing that these little birds have such instinct. How marvelous of our God to cause even the little birds to care for one another. And to think that He cares for each and every one of these, and watches over them...just as He cares and watches over me. How great is our God!


"All together now-applause for God!

Sing songs to the tune of His glory,

Set glory to the rhythms of His praise....

The whole earth falls to its knees--

It worships You, sings to You...

Take a good look at God's wonders--

They will take your breath away!...

Now isn't that cause for a song?"

Psalms 66: 1-5
(sorry, the pics are not too good)

6 comments:

Dianne said...

Awwww...now your story is MUCH better and sweeter than mine (which was not SWEET in the least!). I love that the dove have made themselves a nest there and what a cool thing for you to be able to watch! Keep us posted when it hatches...I can't wait!

Jean said...

I love their names. And it is wonderful to see their faithfulness to each other and their little one-to-be.

Tracey said...

That is so sweet. I love that song, "His eye is on the sparrow"

Sometimes I'll just sing it out loud in my car when I'm having a bad day.

Iris Godfrey said...

Thank you for sharing them.

Deedra said...

How sweet! I have always wished I knew what hummingbird babies look like. The adult birds are so teeny, just imagine how tiny a baby is! I have never seen a nest though. At least not that I know of!

Justabeachkat said...

Yep, Dianne is right...your critters are soooooooooo much better than hers and mine. Way, way better. Keep us posted.