Thursday, July 2, 2009

FINDING THE PERFECT PLACE

One of the best trips I have taken was a trip to Hawaii with my 2 best friends, Shirley and Tina. We went to Maui for a week in 2007. We were able to see so much of the island, got to eat loads of yummy food, and made memories to last a lifetime!

One of the special places we ate was fronted by a beautiful beach. All around the shoreline were numerous lava rock. While we were waiting to eat, I found this large rock that was shaped like a heart. I collect heart shaped rocks, so I was delighted to find this one. I took it back to the hotel, with the intentions of bringing it back home. However, when we began packing for the trip home...it seems my suitcase had shrunk! And, the contents had mysteriously gotten heavier! So, the rock was destined to remain on the island. My friend, Tina, said, "No way! We're taking it home!" And, she found room for it in her luggage...and so, it made it to Alabama.

Fast forward to 2009. After the fountain next to the pool was finished...I placed it in the middle of the pile of tumbling stones. And, there it sits...the perfect centerpiece...the perfect place for a beautiful reminder of an island in the middle of the Pacific...a place that holds beautiful memories.



6 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

Memories sustain us! My husband collects rocks from all over and asks everyone that goes abroad to bring him a rock from where ever they visit!!

Jean said...

Perfect! Bless Tina.

Anonymous said...

It looks perfect there - what a great reminder of your trip. I can't believe you took that trip in 2007! Where has the time gone?

Sherrie said...

That is so cool and such a perfect place for your rock to rest!!!!

Justabeachkat said...

A perfect reminder of friendship and God's love for us all.

Hugs!
Kat

nancygrayce said...

I love good memories! What a neat rock! I have some from the beach in California....