Sunday, June 21, 2009

HE'S THE MAN !

This is my Pop, my Daddy, my Father...Papa to his grandkids...
I think there are many facets to us all, and this is true with my Pop. He is many different things, and the sum of the parts makes a very special total....
So, here are some of the men he has been and still is...

The Navy Man...Phillipines

The Motorcycle Man...#1...

The Dapper Driving Man...

The Loving Man...

The Handsome Man...

The Fishing Man...

The Racing Man...

The Sandy Man...1954...(with me and Mom)

The Motorcycle Man...#2...

The Travelling Man

The Flat Top Man...

The Family Man...1962...

The Little Ladies Man...

The Teaching Man...(with Adam)...

The Business Man...

The Friendly Man...

The Visiting Man...

The Family Man...2008...

The Godly Man...

************************************************************
Pop, you are all these things and more! Let it be a warm blanket of sweet blessings to know that you are loved today by Ella, Tonja, Joy, Don, Adam, Suzanne, Alex, Ian, Tommy, Tara, Will, Lori, Ben...along with too many others to count. You lead us, you inspire us, you love us. We are blessed beyond measure.

Happy Father's Day...2009


15 comments:

Debby@Just Breathe said...

What beautiful photos and wonderful memories. I love my Daddy too!

YaYa's Funhouse said...

AWH!! Tonja, you made me cry. My dad has gone to live in a better place than you and I. One day I will see him again, in the mean time I miss him very much. Happy Father's Day to your Dad.

Darby said...

TONJA!! Awesome pictures... I love them all... especially the "little ladies man"! WHat precious memories!!! Happy Father's Day to Pop!

Justabeachkat said...

I'm so happy for you Tonja. I'm missing my Daddy so bad today. For some reason, today has been the hardest since he died. Great photos!

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Beautiful tribute, Tonja. And the pictures were the icing on the cake. Loved them!

Dianne said...

Tonja, this is a PRECIOUS post and I love seeing all the pictures of your dad. You are a blessed woman, no doubt! Hope you've had a great day celebrating today!

j said...

This was a precious post about your father. WONDERFUL photos!

Tracey said...

this post was precious and made me boo-hoo! Enjoy every moment with your dad--I miss mine so much!

Jill said...

Love that, Tonja! you're one blessed lady to have such a wonderful dad in your life for so many years!

Sherrie said...

Such sweet pictures of your Dad!!! You have the cutest parents!!!! I miss mine so very much!!!!

RachelD said...

I loved getting to visit with your Dad---you are both truly blessed.

Dona said...

I love all those pictures! The old ones were great, but I got a lump in my throat with those last two. Thank you for sharing!

andi said...

ABSOLUTELY beautiful. I am-speechless. This says it all. A masterpiece both the man and the post!

LivingTheLife said...

Such a sweet tribute to an obviously very blessed and loved man. He sounds heaven sent to me!!

Loved all the old pics.

Blessings...
Teresa

LivingTheLife said...

One more thing...in picture #13 "the little ladies man"...Are YOU wearing petti pants under that Easter dress and slip??? I thought I saw a ruffle or two...reminds me of the pink "petti" pants I had as a young girl...some call them bloomers...but we called the Petti Pants...don't know why.

Blessings...
Teresa