Wednesday, September 10, 2008

CLOSET CONFESSIONS... Part 2

Lesson #4...A GIRL CAN NEVER HAVE TOO MANY WHITE SHIRTS !!! And, my closet contents are proof. I really didn't realize just how many white tops us fashionable woman needs...but it's a lot.
First there are the "funky" whites. These are in linen or cotton and are always right with a pair of jeans, or a pair of black pants...any color for that matter. I have several of these, some like this pic, some with ruffles around the bottom (which is NOT a good look on these hips anymore), ruffle down the button placket, 2 of these( 1 is creme), and a few short sleeves ones in linen, too. Going to keep 3 of these.

And, that universal look, found the world over...the white T-shirt. It is always right. It looks right all the time, with anything and under anything. It is obvious how much I believe that if you were to see the pile of white T's stacked on the floor. There are white T's from every place I have ever visited, white T's with college logos, white T's with small designs, and yes, solid white T's.
There are long sleeved, short sleeved, 3/4 sleeve, sleeveless, and tank white T's. So, any season, any weather, there is a T to feel comfortable in. Every year, at Christmas and in the Spring, I design shirts for our school. And, believe it or not, these are white T's with black design. So, that adds considerably to my stash! I just don't know how I will go about deciding which ones to keep. But, purge, I must!
There are white 'big shirts' to wear over leggings or swim suits. And the jackets...white denim, white linen, white with a black print. Gotta keep all of these.
And last, the blouses. I have fitted ones, looser cropped ones, several nicer linen blouses (impossible to iron),in short sleeved and long sleeved. These, of course, are in a range of sizes, too. Most of these are going with me...except the smallest ones.
Lesson #5...I NEVER need to buy another white shirt! Yeah, right.

9 comments:

Kristie said...

I kind of have the same problem but I mostly have solid color shirts....Every color possible. I've been trying to find the right kind of print shirt but I keep going back to solid. My closet isn't very exciting that is for sure.

Jean said...

Your lesson # 5 cracked me up! I don't have many white shirts - they make me look too big. Now black shirts - that's a different story.

Dona said...

I have said it once, I'll say it again- we should all go to a white shirt and jeans or black pants uniform- life would be so much easier!!!!

windycorner said...

Isn't it amazing what we accumulate? But you're right - the white shirt is so easy to wear, and guess what I just bought to update mine. A long, narrow purple scarf. We'll see if I'm brave enough to wear it now.
Holley

Justabeachkat said...

I sooooooooo know what you mean. Cleaning out my closet is really teaching me some lessons too.

The shoes...oh my word. When, where, how and why did I buy so many?!

Hugs!
Kat

Anonymous said...

I love white shirts. The last picture - do you have that actual shirt? I've been looking for a long sleeve white shirt with a Peter Pan collar. Please tell me where I can find one??

Debra from Bungalow said...

When I can't find a top that suits me I just grab white. It goes with anything...it's what I wore yesterday....white top & jeans.
My closet is in need of a good cleaning...a job I hate, but I'm keeping all my white tops.
Take care, DebraK

LivingTheLife said...

I have so many white shirts...you could sail a ship with them (if you sewed them all together into a sail)...I LOVE white...SHIRTS...of any kind! It's funny how many tee's I actually have...lots in white...but when I am trying to spice things up...I do it by going out and getting a solid colored tee...YEP...I'm exciting in my choices...white tee's, green tee's, aqua tee's, pale pink tee's (these almost look white), pale blue tee's, apple green tee's AND when I can't find the right tee...I find the right Polo...yep! I have lots of those, too...lots in white...but again, I do punch the collection up with color, too...you know so I can wear all of them with my black pants, skirts, capri's, and sweat pants!! Black and white all the way...with splashes of color every now and then! Gosh I'm boring...I don't think it's that I am necessarily boring...it's just easier that way for me...kind of like Dona's statement about uniforms...when I wear mostly black and white/colors...I always have the right shoes, purses and accessories to go with it...so I'm NOT really boring...just LAZY!!

You are doing a great job with your purging...keep it up...I can't wait till you get to the shoes and purses!

Blessings...
Teresa

Anonymous said...

Ok, Tonj, I am trying to comment now; hope this gets through. Now you know not to throw anything away that you think one of your royal court can wear. After all, you know I don't have a thing to wear. Love your closet - I can just picture you in there now. Wish I was there to help (and, to get some more clothes!)