Monday, March 24, 2008

MOM UPDATE

Mom, Pop, Joy and I came to Birmingham yesterday after church, and Mom had her surgery this morning. Everything went great! The Dr. said he was pleased with the outcome, and she did very well. Needless to say, we are so thankful and greatful to God for bringing her through this safely and ready to heal.

My Mom is a very important part of my life and she has helped mold me into who I am today. It's funny how sometimes when I am saying something or doing something, I'll think, "This is just like Mom!" Now, I am not like her in all ways...she's a terrific cook, and I think a kitchen is a waste of of perfectly good space! She is a godly woman and has a heart for missions and a passion for the Lord. She gives unselfishly of her time to others, and thinks of herself last. She has mentored and served as an example to countless younger women in our church. She loves to play and act silly and do silly things. Her grandchildren adore her and she treats them all as if they are the most important person in the world. She and Pop are as in love today as they were when they were newlyweds. They take care of each other so sweetly. Her children truly do..."call her blessed."

She's gonna fuss when she reads this...but I'll take my chances with her...I'm a little bigger. :) I love you, Mom...and I am proud to "take after you!' Now get well...we've got some shopping trips to take!

8 comments:

Robin said...

That is so precious. I wish my mom was still here so I could say those things to her. I am so glad it all went well for you. Our
Risen Savior is living and so good. Robin

Anonymous said...

That was so sweet, Tonja. I doubt that your Mom will fuss - she'll be too proud of you to fuss.

Jean said...

Ha, ha!! You'll take your chances with her, you're bigger - that is cute! What a mom, what a daughter. So glad things are going well for her.

Tracey said...

I'm so glad she's doing well! I love this post about your mom---sure is a special lady to raise such great girls like you and Joy!

Justabeachkat said...

Oh, what great news! Prayers were answered. Tonja, this was a very sweet post and I know you and Joy love, appreciate and cherish your Mom. I'm so happy she's doing well.

Hugs!
Kat

nancygrayce said...

So thankful your mom did well! God is merciful and you're a great daughter. What a tribute!

Sherrie said...

How sweet. What a blessing it is to still have your Mom and Dad. I miss mine so much!! So tell your Mom not to fuss and to embrace such wonderful words from a wonderful daughter!!!

LivingTheLife said...

So glad things went well for your mom...praising Him for answered prayers. I love this post about your mom and the love you and your sister share for her...what a doll she must be, I mean after all she raised you up in such fine fashion...she has to be awesome!

Tell her we are thinking and praying for her...and that if she needs protection from you...just call me...I think I could take you both...lol! Seriously...NOT!!!...but I had to come to her defense...for some reason, I felt compelled!

Blessings...
Teresa