Saturday, July 21, 2007

Santa Rosa Beach


Santa Rosa Beach
Originally uploaded by Tonja Owens
Today, my family and I are heading out for a beach fling at Santa Rosa Beach (near Destin). We have a house rented for the week. It's walking distance to the ocean and has its own private pool. We are all so excited! Alex is going with us, as are Suzanne and Adam. And Sweet Ian is coming down from B'ham for a few days. Don's sisters and families will be joining us for the end of the week. I plan to go to Publix when I get there, and buy stuff for sandwiches, a cook-out, potatoe salad and brownies...then I am off duty. It's every man and woman for themselves! Mom made us one of her Best in the World pound cakes...so all is well...no one will starve.

I heard a very famous person will be making an appearance in Destin while we are there. I've confirmed that it is indeed possible. So my plans are to be at the right place to at least catch a glimpse of said person...and maybe even get to exchange a few words. I'm not gonna jinx it telling you the name...but you know you can count on me to fill you in when I get back. Wish me luck.

Here's hoping you have a great, fun filled week ahead. I'll report in when I return.

Blessings,

Tonja

7 comments:

Adam R. Owens said...

you should at least give us a hint

Justabeachkat said...

Hoping to see you.

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Is Kat the famous person???

Dianne said...

Evidently she is! :-)

Jill said...

Hope you have a wonderful time and that you have a brush with **fame**.

Justabeachkat said...

Really girls...me? famous?...you must be kidding! I've heard another famous person will be here, but I'm not gonna be the one to tell. :-)

Hugs!
Kat

Jean said...

Okay, Kat, now you have me all curious.

And Tonja, pronounced with a J, I just saw your picture with Kat on her blog and I can hardly stand it. I just want to put myself right at that table with you! You both look mah-velous, by the way!