Wednesday, October 15, 2008

PRAYER REPORT


I am so thankful to all of you who said extra prayers for Alex while we were away. He did very well. And actually he was able to be up a little and spend time with both his brothers. He enjoyed this tremendously! And, friends, that has not happened in months and months. So, thank you for praying. And, thank-you, God!

His Granny cooked for him (which he always loves) and Pop delivered. How blessed I am to have my parents close by and so willing and happy to pitch in and help. They are such an important part of my boy's life, and a source of much wisdom and support. Thank-you, God!

Adam and Suzanne and Ian all made sure Alex had all that he needed and wanted. Do you know what a load that is off of this Mom's heart? To know that Alex has a support team willing to do all that is necessary when I am not here. That also includes his Aunt Joy and Uncle Tommy, his cousins, and other friends. We are so blessed.

His pain level continues to be quite high, and he is not able to be up much at all. So, even if he can sit up and watch a movie with his brothers or his dad is considered a big event.

God has Alex in His hands, and He alone holds the answers to this horrible illness. I have complete faith that in His time, He will lead us to the help we need. And our part in that is to keep searching...and we will. God is good and ever present...even in the hard times. His grace and goodness allow us to go through each day. We praise Him and thank Him for what He will do...in His time. Soon, Lord, soon.

"Because of God's great love, we are not consumed, for His compassions never fail. They are new every morning; great is Your faithfulness." Lamentations 3:22-23

8 comments:

Love Being A Nonny said...

There are times when I wish God's time was my time. But, the truth is, I am thankful for His continued grace. So glad to hear about Alex. I prayed for him and was struck by the reality of how small our world is in this family of God!

Zaankali said...

Thank you for filling us in. I am glad to hear all went well for him while you were away. However, it breaks my heart to know he is in such pain. I will keep praying.
Smiles!

Sharon said...

Praise God, this is great news, so happy for him!!
I will continue to pray for him.
Be Blessed my friend
Sharon

LivingTheLife said...

Thank you, God...for taking care of Alex while our friend was able to get away and relax. We praise you and are thankful that Tonja has such an incredible support system and can know that Alex is being well taken care of. Thank you God for Tonja's parents and their unending love and care for their grandson...Alex...Thank you for loving brothers and a new sister to care for him and be there for whatever his needs may be...and THANK YOU God...for Alex's complete healing and continued grace throughout the journey!

Tonja...I am so glad you had this time to get away...and I am so thankful you have such a tight knit group of family and friends to pick up the "mom" slack while you get away...with your sweet hubbin!

Blessings...
Teresa

nancygrayce said...

Oh, I'm so thankful! God is so good and faithful to hear our prayers! I'm so glad you could go and not be worried the whole time!

Angela Baylis said...

This makes me want to cry! I am SO glad you were able to enjoy your trip, knowing he was well taken care of and I know you didn't take it for granted! Praising God with you, sister!
Love,
Angie xoxo

andi said...

What an answer to prayer!!!!

Justabeachkat said...

Our God is so good...all the time! Thank you Lord for answering so many prayers.

Hugs!
Kat