Friday, February 8, 2008

THIS IS "OUT OF THIS WORLD"


Happy St. Valentine's Day from the Red Planet! The Mars Global Surveyor (MGS) Mars Orbiter Camera (MOC) captured this unique view of a bright, heart-shaped mesa in the south polar region on November 26, 1999. This feature is located in the Promethei Rupes region near 79.6°S, 298.3°W. Sunlight illuminates the scene from the lower left. The heart is about 255 meters (279 yards) across. The presence of this mesa indicates that the darker, rough terrain that surrounds it was once covered by a layer of the bright material.
*******************************************************************************

"To the LORD your God belong the heavens, even the highest heavens, the earth and everything in it." Deuteronomy 10:14

"You alone are the LORD. You made the heavens, even the highest heavens, and all their starry host, the earth and all that is on it, the seas and all that is in them. You give life to everything, and the multitudes of heaven worship you."
Nehemiah 9:6

"The heavens are yours, and yours also the earth; you founded the world and all that is in it." Psalm 89:11


"In the beginning you laid the foundations of the earth, and the heavens are the work of your hands." Psalm 102:25





************************************************************************************

Even in the outermost parts of the universe, God is there! He knows all about the unusual formations on all the planets....He was there when they began...and they continue to grow and change at His pleasure. How awesome that the God who created these masterpieces of heaven and space, knows my name and knows my heart. He has time to hear my prayer...and give me peace and hope. God, my God, You alone are great! Amen.




3 comments:

Justabeachkat said...

Oh Tonja...this post gave me chills. Our God is truly awesome. To know He knows me and loves me gives me incredible joy!

Hugs sweet friend!
Kat

Tracey said...

What an incredible photo! I agree with Kat, truly awesome!

I'm just catching up on your previous posts, so sorry about the rough time Alex is having. I will be more diligent in my prayers for you and your family.

Much love,
Tracey

Jean said...

Amen!! I hope I never get over the fact that the same God who created the universe loves me intimately. Absolutely confounding.