Wednesday, January 23, 2008

SAD NEWS

I don't usually pass on sad news like this, but sometimes we just need to pause and remember what life is all about. There was a great loss recently in the entertainment world. Larry LaPrise, the Detroit native who wrote the song
"Hokey Pokey," died last week at 83. It was especially difficult for the family.
They had the hardest time keeping him in the casket. They'd put his left leg in,
they'd take his left leg out and...well, you know the rest.


I'll wait while you sing the whole song in your head and get the mental picture...

Have a fun-filled day!

5 comments:

Zaankali said...

That was funny! (In a morbid kinda way.)
Smiles!

Jean said...

Ha, ha, ha!! You got me! I was all ready for some sad, sad news!

nancygrayce said...

You are too funny! Well, I needed a laugh, so thanks!

Dianne said...

I was expecting sad news too, but as soon as I read 'Hokey Pokey,' I knew what was coming. I got that as an e-mail a while back and about fell for it hook, line and sinker! Hope all is well with you!

He Knows My Name said...

i'm so gullible. and i'm a detroit suburbanite and i read the thing right to the end. oh! you had me. stinker you. ~janel