Wednesday, February 28, 2007

This Bugs Me...# 1

I've heard it said that it helps to "talk about what's bugging you". And it's "best to get it all out in the open". Well,I have decided that I am going to try it...I'm going to 'talk' about some of the things that make me mad (as in crazy).

First, let's talk about gum. Now I love a good wad of gum as much as anyone...and I certainly would never want to infringe upon your right to exercise your jaws on that delectable goo. However, I do not want to hear about it. Your gum is your business. And I have no right to know about it. Just keep your mouth shut. When you smack your gum, it is just gross. I don't want to hear you eating your food and I don't want to hear you chew your gum. We teach our kids to "chew with your mouth closed", but gum doesn't seem to count. Well, here's news for you: it does count! And popping your gum.....totally inappropriate. It seems everywhere you go there is someone having a popping party in their mouth. And I think they don't even realize it. I think they are totally oblivious to the fact that they are annoying the goodness out of others. It IS possible to chew gum without popping it incessantly. Popping does not make the flavor last longer or delay the inevitable hardening of your sticky treat. I tend to think those who "smack" and "pop" in public have no other talents and just want others to know they can master some task. Do I sound mad? I am. The worst is when you are in a quiet meeting or even church and you hear that "pop, pop, pop, pop, pop, pop...". If you MUST pop...please do it in the privacy of your own home and don't cause the rest of the good mannered public to go insane.
Thank you very much.

No comments: